Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Songs I Sing Out Loud and Books I Read Silently

MUSIC:
"The Call" sung by Regina Spektor (sp?) from the Chronicles of Narnia- Prince Caspian movie. Very cool and embodies a deep message. At least it seems deep to me, but it might be one of those "seems deep but really isn't" type of songs and I am infusing all sorts of hidden meanings into a basically meaningless song. Either way, I sing out loud every time I hear it!

"The Chanukah Song" (not to be confused with Adam Sandler's song) sung by Jane Olivor- also known as "We are Lights" and commonly sung by choirs....however itunes has the Jane Olivor version and it's great!

BOOKS:
"Everything Under the Sky" by Matilde Asensi
Kind of reminiscent of the Indiana Jones movies- without Indiana Jones... replaced by a spanish expatriate widow living in Paris who must search for treasure to pay off debts of her french expatriate husband who lived in China. hmmmm. If you like adventure, no romance, and far-off places, you'll love this! I did find it a fun read, and will read other books by this author, but it isn't profound (like the song "the call" mentioned above.)

No comments: