Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Favorite Photos for 2008


I am learning alot about photography, and have so much more to learn. I'm hoping to take an online class from Karen Russell (http://karenrussell.typepad.com/) this winter, however with a waiting list of over 400, I might be postponed in my hopes...

These are a few of my favorite non-family pictures for 2008.. I am lucky that friends will pose for me as I practice and learn. I am also lucky that the friends who will pose are extremely good-looking and photogenic and make me look like a much better photographer than I am!

The first two photos are fun out-takes from a family shoot... we had some gorgeous family pictures, but these really tickled my funny-bone. Ask the family to jump as high as they can, and the oldest son (after a few high jumping pictures) crouches into a frog-like position. Look at younger brother looking down at him like, dang, that could've been me! The other photo was taken of the "children" laughing together in a silly moment. The relationship that they have is one that we all hope our children will have- if even occasionally! I don't have a picture of my kids like this...yet....but I am definitely going to stage one when the missionary comes home!This third photo is of a young woman who (if you can believe it) is even more beautiful on the inside than on the outside. She doesn't care to have her picture taken, so I consider this photo, and several others we took that day that were equally stunning even more of a success!

While these are not technically ideal (or even close to ideal,) they remind me of why I love photographing people....there are stories to be told in each picture, there are stories behind the picture that beg to be told, and there are few better ways to capture a moment than a photograph...technically ideal or not!

Here's to 2009 photos, and a hope I get into the photography class!!!

3 comments:

dontnoy said...

These are beautiful photos! I see you figured out how to download.

Sandrine said...

Hey I love your blog! And the pictures you took of April are awesome!

Anonymous said...

You are just too darn cute! Your blog is amazing. I love looking at it and seeing the new updates to it :)
<3 april