Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Word for 2009...

isn't picked yet.

I was inspired to pick a word of the year from the always interesting creative blog of Ali Edwards at http://aliedwards.typepad.com/. (sorry, I can't quite master the clever posting and naming technique yet, but give me awhile, I'll get it.) Two years ago she suggested her readers pick a word. I thought it a nice but silly idea. At the end of the year (2007) I started reading the comments from her readers about how having a word for the year impacted their lives.

I decided to start 2008 with a "word of the year" and in light of my eldest son leaving on a mission for two years, the stressful economy, and a houseful of teenagers, I picked the word FAITH. Even had it imprinted on a sterling silver necklace to wear. And guess what?

It worked... when you have a word for the year, you think about that word, you ponder it, and you are a bit more interested in anything you hear that has "your word" in it. I have studied "faith" a little more diligently, and can honestly say that at the end of this year I am enriched for having had a "word" (and just one word. that's why my resolutions fail- I have millions... but one word, I can do that!)

And now, it's time to pick a new word and I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

And I encourage all my faithful readers (lol) - pick a word for 2009, and see if it doesn't change your life...even a little bit!

1 comment:

Hokie said...

I like that idea. We did that for our spiritual thoughts in our presidency meetings but I never thought to do it on an individual basis for a whole year. I know just what I am going to choose because it is what I was thinking about when I did my scripture study before I went to bed last night/this morning. Wow, I started my year off with this and didn’t even know it…Thanks for the light bulb.