Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset

Feel like singing the Fiddler on the Roof song, "Sunrise, Sunset" today.

The school year is almost over.. it seems as if yesterday we were running to Target to buy school supplies (one of my favorite activities of the year until I hit the cash register.)

Is this the little girl I carried...
Lacrosse season is almost over and KK has had a strong year. Goals in most games, and a growing understanding of the mechanics of lacrosse.

KK is excited to start (gasp) high school next fall. I am so not ready for that.

Is this the little boy at play....
The missionary is heading into his last 6 months of service. I remember after he had been gone a week thinking that there were only 103 weeks to go until he came home. And getting depressed over that. While I still miss him very much, I am a bit sorry that he only has about 26 more weeks to throw himself into the service of the Lord. To teach and preach and put aside worries of the everyday world.

I don't remember growing older... when did they?

And of course, the quintessential sign that the school year is almost over- Prom. Spencer's date was a friend from school, and they went with a group of kids, many of whom have been friends for years.

When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?























Spencer and his date did a good job of matching colors.





















Even their eyes match.

















Sunrise, Sunset

Sunrise, Sunset
Swiftly fly the years

One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears....

4 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

My goodness! What great looking kids!! and I can't believe Brad is coming home! I still remember running into him right after he got his call- I was on MY mission!!! Crazy!!

Anonymous said...

Wow I sure am HOT looking!! wouldn't you say so mother?

dontnoy said...

Wow! It sure does fly. S couldn't look more handsome. Great thoughts

JoAnn DeLange said...

I loved your book that you made for Kiley--what a lot of work. Also, catching up, Spencer's pictures are so handsome. He is one good looking guy. I especially love your book reviews, because everything you recommend for me to read I love. You are really a busy girl. Love, Mom