Friday, February 13, 2009

JOYFUL (and Lazy)

I scrapped this page six years ago, and it remains one of my favorites. KK does bring great joy into our lives. A little bit of spice too... but what's joy without some seasoning?

This was actually supposed to be a post about how my oldest (the missionary) will be turning 21 years old tomorrow. How having him was such an exciting experience after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting and a prior miscarriage. How I am missing him when I think about the years I was blessed to have with him as a child- and how fleeting they truly were. When my children were little, I fantasized about a good night's rest, a real conversation, a glass of juice I didn't have to pour myself. Little did I know that those memories would become precious and that inconveniences associated with them totally forgotten...just like labor!

Despite all my warm and fuzzy feelings today about the missionary... I don't have a picture of him as a baby or toddler on the computer (it was all film then, folks) and am too lazy to go scan one. Recent pictures of him are always in groups with people I don't know and who I doubt would be thrilled to be foisted onto the web (and I'm too lazy to crop them out.) He was a wee one (hmm- a little irish flair to the blog today!) at 6lbs, 4oz. and cute as a button.

So instead of a picture of my first baby, you get a picture of my last baby....and I assure you, there was a baby in the middle who I love just as much and will devote an entire blog entry to someday. When I'm not feeling quite so lazy!!!

2 comments:

Hokie said...

I remember you when you were expecting him. You were my YW leader, I think I was a Mia Maid then or possibly a Beehive.

colette said...

I remember too (of course) and everybody in the ward seemed so happy for me that it made that time extra happy. and ahem... I was your YW leader? shhhhhhhhh!