Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cleaning Day

With the excitement of recent travel....
With the stress of year-end financials at work....
With the bother of our own tax returns to complete....
With lacrosse season starting up (kk) and ninjitsu season never-ending (spencer)...

hmmm... I'm running out of excuses to show you how I am MUCH too busy to clean or even pick up the ratty shoes on the staircase that have sat there for weeks. (Well maybe just days, but they're so icky it feels like weeks.)

Probably because there aren't any more reasons?

Oh! There were the really great books that I just had to read straight through, and the messenger bag that I just had to learn to sew, and the invitations that just had to be made for a friend.

At this point, it is probably needless to mention that the cleaning/clutter pick-up duties of our home have been neglected. Seriously neglected.

If they had a CPS for neglected homes, they would be knocking at my door right now.

So today has been designated as cleaning day.

Actually an appraiser is coming to our home on Thursday for our loan refinancing. I've heard that appraisers are looking at just the nuts and bolts of the home, but if said appraiser falls over the nuts and bolts strewn about my scrap room floor (in the form of ink pads, paper, eyelets, cameras) or the nuts and bolts upstairs in the form of half-unpacked luggage, I can see the home value starting to slide! (In addition to the slip-and-sliding it's already been doing with the economy.) I just want to make sure that the appraiser feels the intrinsic value of the home so strongly he/she applies it to the extrinsic (if that's not a word, I mean the final number that he actually values the house at) value. Perhaps warm chocolate chip cookies are in order?

I started out cleaning day by accidentally sleeping in.
I then did a check of e-mail and all the blog sites that I follow. Can't miss anything important!
I then went to gym to exercise. I haven't been to the gym in over two years, and today seemed like a good day to go back.
And now I am blogging.
It's only 12:48 pm. The day is still young! The cleaning will happen!
I hope!

2 comments:

dontnoy said...

Love this! I can empathize with all of it. When you finish are you up to do mine?

Anonymous said...

O my goodness o my goodness!! it's all mine and sophies fault! You could have just kicked us out and told us you had things to do.. or at least put us to work lol SORRY :)

<3 april