Friday, April 10, 2009

Not Elizabeth Bennet?

I took this highly scientific quiz and learned that of all Jane Austen's heroines, I am most like Marianne Dashwood in Sense and Sensibility.

I was hoping to be Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice.
Smart, witty, beautiful,
quick with a retort when injustice is sensed.
Plus, Keira Knightley was just so delightful and stunning in the film that I wanted just a little piece of that action!

I am Marianne.
Have you read sense and sensibility?
I am more Marianne than I thought.
and she is sort of a half heroine.
From e-notes:
Marianne personifies the sensibility in the title of the book. Marianne is a girl whose "sorrows, her joys, could have no moderation." She is all passion and romantic notions; this is typified in her playing the piano. While living out her passions, she is self-absorbed and unconcerned with the poor impression that she often makes on others.

I'm kind of surprised that she is a heroine at all...maybe she's only 1/4 heroine?
I'm going to go re-take the quiz.
I'm sure I can study for it and figure out how to be Elizabeth Bennet!

8 comments:

dontnoy said...

I'm want to know who I am.

dontnoy said...

I am Elinor Dashwood!

dontnoy said...

This is much more interesting than the car.

dontnoy said...

I am ashamed to admit I have never read the book.

dontnoy said...

Because of that I'm not sure this is a good match or not.

dontnoy said...

I will have to get on the reading thing. I just finished something.

dontnoy said...

I guess I should pick up sense and sensibility.

dontnoy said...

I must have an old soul.