Thursday, November 11, 2010

Five months in a Flash

brad at ranch kailen at homecoming
spencer at prom

Dear Blog, I forgetteth you not.
I know you cried out to me several times in the last five months- feed me! update me!
I know I ingorethed those cries.
(wow. ignorethed. such. a. cool. word.)

The problem is blog- you cried out at the wrong times. Kind of like a baby who wakes up from a "nap" 20 minutes after you put them down.

You begged for updating when I was filled to the bursting point with pride about my children. I couldn't post then. It would look too braggingful.

You pleaded for updating when I sent my two oldest off to college far away, in the west. I couldn't post then. There was too much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. Friends would have called the nearest hotline for despondent 2 out of 3 empty nesting mothers.

You beseeched me for an update when I was hot under the collar about one issue or another (occasionally political- more often just life drama, and not exciting drama at that!) and I couldn't post then because I would rant and rave and lose at least one of my faithful readers. I think. I think I have one faithful reader.....and I can't offend that reader!

You entreated me for an update of our family outings this summer. I am still drying off after the 95 degree, one million percent humidity during trek but hopefully will update someday about that life changing experience. And confess to the world that I actually stayed in a hotel the first night of trek. But it was all about the camera, and not about me at all. Well, it was kind of about me. And I was a much better, kinder, more humane photographer on day two for having stayed in said hotel!

And now blog, I will commit to a new season in bloggingdom. A season of frequent updating! More bragging! More opinionated! More details about family outings!

Or not.
I'll have to think about it!
for now- a couple of pictures of the past few months.
in living color.
yep. I've had diet coke this morning. 2 in fact.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your blog post almost as much as I love and miss you, my dear Colette! Do you ever come to St. Louis anymore?

Unknown said...

gladd you finally updated! missing u! thanx for being my faithful reader! <3

Jennifer said...

I like it when you update! (And go ahead and brag!)

Oma said...

I LOVED IT!! And your son's are pretty awesome too! So fun to be back in touch! Love you. Treena

Hokie said...

You won't loose this faithful reader by bragging or complaining too much. I love your creative posts and bragging updates. I do hope to see more. :)

Amy Coons said...

I just found your blog Colette! I love your pictures! :) (Oh, and how you write...it's like I can hear you talking!) ;)